MVP to VIP: Noah Kimbrough
For the fourth consecutive year, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Detroit Lions teamed up to highlight the importance of children’s health with the #MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes. This year’s winner is 10-year-old Noah Kimbrough of Macomb Township.
A passionate basketball player since the age of six, Noah plays year-round at an accelerated skill level for his age group. He earned MVP last summer playing the point guard position, his favorite, at the Detroit Pistons’ Academy Camp. When he’s not playing ball, Noah stays active by riding his bike around the neighborhood with family and friends.
Noah was randomly selected from more than 1,400 entries in this year’s sweepstakes that asked families to explain how they get active for 60 minutes on Thanksgiving Day. Going from MVP to VIP, Noah was able to experience his first game at Ford Field with his family and the following perks from his prize package:
- A ride on Blue Cross’ parade float, “A Confident Life,” which demonstrates its commitment to a healthier Michigan, in America’s Thanksgiving Parade® presented by Art Van down Woodward Avenue
- Special seating for 10 along the parade route
- A custom Detroit Lions jersey
- Delivering the commemorative game ball to Ford Field before the Lions took on the Chicago Bears
- On-field participation in the national anthem and fan tunnel experience
- A catered, Thanksgiving dinner for 10 while watching the game from club-level seats
“My favorite part was the whole thing! It was my first time at Ford Field and I got to go on the field to give Stafford the game ball,” Noah shared. “I was also really excited when my friends and family said they saw me on TV during the parade.”
Do you know a child who deserves to be recognized for their commitment to living a healthy, active lifestyle? Nominate them at AHealthierMichigan.org/MIKidsCan.
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy:
- 8 Facts About America’s Thanksgiving Parade
- Your Holiday Budget Game Plan
- Healthy & Affordable Gifts to Give this Holiday Season
Photo Credit: Detroit Lions