Avocados have become very popular for their good flavor and rich texture on top of their health benefits.
They’re a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are linked to improved heart health. They also contain plenty of potassium, folate and vitamins A and C. Read on to see how you can enhance the classic Caprese salad flavors with avocado and its heart-healthy friend, black olives.
If you liked this recipe, check these out:
- Dessert Swap: Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Blackened Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Bites
- Caprese Burger with Artichoke Pesto
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup black olives, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning to taste
- 1-3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar to taste
- 1-3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Scoop out avocados, leaving a small border. Dice avocado and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss diced avocado with tomatoes, mozzarella, black olives, basil, Italian seasoning, vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide salad among 4 avocado halves. Enjoy!