Cherries have numerous benefits, and are known to lower the risk for stroke and diabetes. This meatball recipe is a great way to use up your cherries in an everyday dish.
Looking for other cherry recipes? You might like:
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- ½ lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped and pitted cherries, preferably sour
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Half of one red onion, diced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together
3. Roll the mixture into 1.5-2 inch balls. Arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through. Serve warm and enjoy!