Frozen Berry-Chocolate Terrine
This simple recipe is fun for the kids to help prepare for a backyard barbecue. They’ll be excited to serve it to guests once dessert time comes around.
Berries are rich in antioxidants and nutrients and provide many health benefits, not to mention they are delicious. One cup of vanilla frozen yogurt contains 221 calories and 6 grams of fat, while one cup of vanilla ice cream contains 275 calories and 15 grams of fat.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries and blackberries , fresh or frozen (thawed), plus more for garnish
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
Frozen Raspberry-Chocolate Terrine
1. Line an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
2. Mash berries in a medium bowl with a fork. Add 2 cups frozen yogurt and stir until combined. Combine the remaining 2 cups frozen yogurt and cocoa in another medium bowl.
3. Spread about half the berry mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the chocolate mixture, then the rest of the berry. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
4. To unmold, invert onto a serving plate and remove the plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Serve garnished with fresh berries. Enjoy!