Michigan February Bucket List: 10 Ways to Warm Up the Shortest Month
There’s plenty to love about February in Michigan!
Bundle up and explore scenic destinations to the north or enjoy warmer temperatures at your local indoor waterpark. It’s also time to celebrate Black History Month, focus on your heart health and plan an adventurous date with your Valentine.
Yes, it’s the shortest month of the year, but there’s plenty of time to check a few of our February bucket list items off.
- Give winter hiking a go at the Eben Ice Caves in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
- Beat the summer crowds and explore Manistique’s Kitch-iti-kipi, our state’s largest natural freshwater spring.
- February is American Heart Month, which means it’s the perfect time to make some heart-healthy recipes and find the best ways to work out your body’s most important muscle. Make sure to wear your favorite red duds on National Wear Red Day in support of women’s heart health and research.
- Step up your Valentine’s Day efforts by planning one of these adventurous dates.
- Be a homeroom or office hero by bringing in these healthy, heart-themed treats.
- Celebrate Black History Month at these educational Michigan destinations.
- Have you tried mindfulness? Start the habit before the hustle and bustle of spring and summer start.
- If you’re feeling cooped up, it’s a great time to focus on clearing the air in your home.
- Winter isn’t over yet, but you can always pretend it’s summer at one of Michigan’s indoor waterparks.
- Brighten someone else’s day with a random act of kindness.
What’s on your must-do list for February? Share with us in the comments.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
- Create a Home Gym for Way Less Than You Think
- 8 Wellness Trends That Will Keep You Healthy in 2018
- 52 Little Habits That Will Help You Create an Amazing 2018
Photo credit: Chris Hau