Sweet Treats: Strawberry Cheesecake Santas
Sweet treats are a large part of the holiday season. Using fresh fruit is an easy way to cut down on calories and added sugars, without losing flavor. Berries are a great source of fiber and help boost the immune system while protecting the body against inflammation, heart disease and cancer based on the variety of phytonutrients.
Make sure to choose your indulgences wisely. Instead of going for a full piece of regular cheesecake, choose these lower calorie strawberry cheesecake santas that will satisfy your holiday dessert cravings.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 1 (8 oz.) package low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Amaretto
- 12 large strawberries
- Mini dark chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles
Strawberry Cheesecake Santas
1. Slice the stem off the strawberry. Cut flat so santa can stand. Then cut off tip of strawberry for hat.
2. In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, sugar, and Amaretto (or vanilla or almond extract) until well combined.
3. Spoon filling into a small ziploc bag, seal bag, and cut off one corner of bag.
4. Fill strawberry body, place strawberry hat on top. Use cream cheese filling for ball on hat and buttons on strawberry body. Use mini chocolate chips or sprinkles for eyes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!