#MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes: Celebrate Thanksgiving Day with the Detroit Lions
Ever wish you could spend Thanksgiving Day riding on a parade float and delivering the game ball to a Detroit Lion?
Well, one lucky child will be chosen to do that and more through the #MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes, running until Sunday, Nov. 12.
Through a ongoing partnership between Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Detroit Lions, the winner of the sweepstakes will have the opportunity to:
- A ride on Blue Cross’ new parade float, “A Confident Life,” which demonstrates its commitment to a healthier Michigan, in America’s Thanksgiving Parade® presented by Art Van down Woodward Avenue
- Special seating for eight along the parade route
- A custom jersey or jacket
- Delivering the commemorative game ball to Ford Field before the Lions take on the Minnesota Vikings
- On-field participation in the national anthem and fan tunnel experience
- A catered, Thanksgiving dinner for 10 while watching the game from club-level seats
To enter, parents can visit www.DetroitLions.com/TurkeyDayVIP and submit how their family stays active on Thanksgiving Day. Children ages 10-18 are eligible. The winner, chosen randomly, will be announced on Thursday, Nov. 16.
Last year, Gavin DeVore, an 11-year-old from Middleville, was chosen from more than 1,300 entries to take part in the day’s festivities with his family.
“We are excited to continue our longstanding partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for our Annual Thanksgiving Day Classic and especially on the #MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes,” said Detroit Lions Vice President of Corporate Partnerships Bill Hawker. “It’s an opportunity for our fans to be a part of one of Detroit’s most iconic traditions and to reward them for their healthy habits, which is a large part of our community platform. Now in its third year, we hope to continue this sweepstakes for many more Thanksgivings to come.”
The #MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes supports Blue Cross’s ongoing commitment to children’s health through its #MIKidsCan campaign and partnership with the Detroit Lions’ Play 60 program – initiatives focused on encouraging kids to adopt healthy habits and get active for at least 60 minutes every day. Over the last 12 years, Blue Cross has given more than $6.5 million in support of kids’ health and wellness initiatives across the state, reaching almost 230,000 children in nearly 500 schools.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan (feature and inset)
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: