Hydrating Peach, Blackberry and Cucumber Salad
Staying hydrated is important at all ages, but drinking plenty of water can be hard. With this salad, you can stay hydrated through food.
Salads are a great lunch option. They are easy to put together and come with a refreshing taste to help fuel you through the day.
Cucumbers are 96 percent water, with blackberries following close behind with 85 percent water. Peaches are 88 percent water and a great source of Vitamin C, which helps to maintain healthy immune system. Peaches also exert protective effects on the skin against UV radiation, making it great ingredient to utilize on hot summer days.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 whole peach, pitted, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup of cucumbers, diced (de-seeding is optional)
- 2 Tbsp. feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Peach, Blackberry and Cucumber Salad
1. To assemble the salad fill two bowls with mixed greens.
2. Top with peaches, blackberries, cucumbers, feta cheese and pecans.
3. Drizzle with the Balsamic Vinaigrette and serve immediately.
1. In a small bowl combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
2. In a slow steady stream whisk in the oil until combined and thickened. Set aside until ready to serve with the salad. If oil and vinegar separate whisk again right before serving. Enjoy!