Grilled Green Beans with Peaches
This recipe is a great source of nutrients and flavor helps to boost the immune system. Green beans can reduce the risk of heart disease and improve the regulation of diabetes.
The peaches in this recipe are a source of vitamin C, which helps to maintain a healthy immune system. Peaches also exert protective effects on the skin against UV radiation, making it a great ingredient to utilize on hot summer days.
The nutty taste of the almonds pairs nicely with the sweet taste of the peaches. Almonds also help to regulate cholesterol by increasing HDL levels while simultaneously decreasing LDL levels.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 2 peaches, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 pound trimmed green beans
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. toasted sliced almonds
Grilled Green Beans and Peaches
1. Toss peaches and green beans with oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
2. Transfer to a grill pan or skillet and cook over high heat, tossing often, until beans are crisp-tender and peaches are lightly charred, 8–10 minutes.
3. Toss with almonds. Enjoy!