2017 Detroit Riverfront Summer Event Lineup
The Detroit Riverfront has quickly become one of the most exciting and popular meeting places in Detroit. It allows an escape from the fast-paced city life to enjoy some downtime. Whether you like running, walking or biking, it serves as a place for friends and family to gather.
The annual Live the Riverfront summer programming offers a variety of weekly events to encourage an active and healthy lifestyle. Check out the list of events to enjoy the Detroit riverfront, hosted by the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy and sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan:
- Yoga on the Riverfront: Every Thursday evening at 6 p.m. and Friday mornings at 10 a.m. there will be free yoga classes in the wetland area of the Milliken State Park, hosted by Urban Solace.
- Walk the Riverwalk Wednesdays: Every Wednesday from May 10 until August 23, join others living and working in Detroit from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for a walk during your lunch break. When participating make sure to check in via an online portal to record your progress and have a chance to win prizes.
- T’ai Chi on the Riverfront: Urban Solace will be hosting T’ai Chi classes every Wednesday from June 7 through August 23 at 10 a.m. at the Milliken State Park Reflecting Pond. These classes are free and do not require registration.
- Moonlight Yoga: A unique twist on a traditional yoga class is offered on three Wednesday evenings at 8 p.m. in the West Riverfront Park: July 19, August 9 and August 23. The classes are $5 to cover equipment cost and advance registration is required, which will begin two weeks prior to each class.
- Body Love Fit Camp: Join Teena Cathey for free Body Love Fit Camp classes on the Dequindre Cut each Tuesday from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. Fit camp is kid friendly and good for all levels of fitness. Reserve your spot by contacting Teena at 586-909-9939 or at [email protected].
For a complete list of summer riverfront events, visit the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy’s summer calendar.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan