Apple Cranberry Turkey Burger Patties
This dish is protein filled, full of flavor and low in calories and fat compared to the average cheeseburger.
The patties are easy to pop in the oven or fire up on the grill throughout the summer. The sweetness of the apples and cranberries pairs perfectly with the savory turkey and gouda cheese.
Cranberries are a powerful natural antioxidant capable of blocking some of the damage caused by free radicals, as well as boosting the body’s resistance against infectious agents.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 1 lb. of lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped Granny Smith apple , washed, cored and peeled
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried or fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Gouda cheese (optional)
Apple Cranberry Turkey Patties (Burgers)
1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
2. Form into 4-6 hamburger patties.
3. Cook on grill or in pan on stove until fully cooked and reaches temperature of 165 degrees F. Add gouda cheese on patty, if desired, while cooking, so it melts. Serve warm.
4. Serve with a whole wheat hamburger bun or as a patty with quinoa on the side. Enjoy!