Homemade Acai Berry Bowl Recipe
This recipe is a quick and easy breakfast or mid-day snack to provide a boost of energy and source of good nutrition.
Top it with your favorite fruits, nuts or seeds to enhance the flavor and texture.
Smoothies are usually something that you drink, but allowing this to be something that you eat makes it more like a meal. Chewing is a natural stress reliever.
Acai berries contain antioxidants, fiber and heart-healthy fats. Acai promotes heart health, fights harmful organisms, aids weight loss, improves skin, helps digestion, boosts the immune system and even has anti-aging effects since it is high in many forms of phytochemicals.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
For the Acai Berry Puree
- 1/2 small banana, very ripe
- 3.5 oz frozen acai berry pulp
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
For the Toppings (do not use frozen toppings)
- Kiwi, peeled and sliced or chopped
- Banana, chopped
- Peeled and chopped pineapple or mango
- Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts
- Wheat germ
- Drizzle of raw honey (optional)
Acai Berry Bowl
1. Prepare acai puree: In a blender, add banana, acai pulp, strawberries, blueberries and a splash of milk. (TIP: Add to blender in that order as adding softer ingredients first makes it easier on your blender blades.) Blend on low until larger chunks are broken down, then gradually increase speed. When ingredients have mostly come together and all of milk has been added, blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds more.
2. Add toppings: Pour acai puree into a bowl and arrange desired toppings. Enjoy!