Shaved Cauliflower and Pea Salad with Chickpeas & Yogurt Mint Dressing
Now that we are coming into spring, there will be more produce in season.
Not all salads need to have lettuce—the flavor, texture and way the veggies in this recipe are cut make it delicious, especially when paired with this homemade dressing.
The natural salt in the veggies paired with the tangy lemon Greek yogurt dressing offers a fresh, light and healthy salad. It is complete with heart healthy fat, Chickpeas for protein, starch and vegetables.
Parsley and mint add bold, fresh taste, cauliflower and cucumber add crunch and juiciness.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 2 cups fresh peas, blanched and cooled
- ½ head cauliflower, shaved on a mandolin or chopped small
- 3 Turkish cucumbers, shaved or finely sliced
- 6 radishes, shaved or finely sliced
- ½ cup chopped Mint
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 5 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 can (~15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Sprouts or microgreens for garhish (optional)
- 1 cup Greek style plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Shaved Cauliflower and Pea Salad with Chickpeas and Yogurt Mint Dressing
1. In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt dressing ingredients together.
3. Fold the yogurt dressing into the veggies and gently toss to combine.
4. The salad will seem very tart and salty, but let it stand 15 minutes, and stir again before serving. The veggies will absorb the salt, and balance itself out. Serve with sprouts or microgreens as a garnish. Enjoy!