Roasted Beet Hummus Recipe
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 1-2 roasted beets
- 1 (15 oz.) can cooked chickpeas, mostly drained
- Zest of one large lemon
- Juice of half a large lemon
- Healthy pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. coriander
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Beet Hummus Recipe
1. Roast beets. Preheat oven to 375°F, remove the stem and most of the root from your beets, and scrub and wash them underwater until clean.
2. Wrap beets in foil, drizzle on a bit of oil, wrap tightly, and roast for one hour or until a knife inserted falls out without resistance. They should be tender. Set in the fridge (in a bowl to catch juice) to cool to room temperature.
3. Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
4. Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
5. Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
7. Will keep in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy with favorite veggies or pita chips.