Don’t Waste Your Time Off this Year
Did you know that 55 percent of American workers didn’t use all their time off in 2015?
That amounts to 658 million unused vacation days.
According to Project: Time Off, people who plan vacation time are more likely to use it. Luckily for you, if you live in Michigan, amazing vacation destinations are just a drive away. Take some time to think about how you’re going to use some of your vacation days this year with these helpful ideas for fun Michigan trips you can take.
- Tiptoe through the tulips in Holland and make sure you stop at this windmill.
- Experience ArtPrize in Grand Rapids. Here’s a small sampling of Michigan art from the 2016 competition.
- Tour the “sunrise side” of the state.
- Head to Traverse City for the National Cherry Festival (don’t forget your bike).
- Hang out with film buffs in Marquette or take a running vacation there.
- Explore quirky Ypsilanti.
- Discover quaint Mackinac Island and visit nearby Colonial Michilimackinac and this unique Dark Sky Park in Mackinaw City.
- Do Detroit. The largest city in the state won’t let you down: take in a professional sporting event, visit the aquarium or Outdoor Adventure Center, or watch the annual Thanksgiving Day parade in person.
Time free of obligations and your everyday routine is good for the soul. Taking time off work will leave you feeling refreshed and recharged, which can ultimately make you a better worker.
Share your favorite Michigan vacation spots in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- 9 Under-the-Radar Favorite Locales for a Mitten-cation
- 6 Michigan Cities to Visit this Fall
- Enjoy the Summer Surf and Sand at these Michigan Beaches
Photo credit: Rachel Kramer