How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Everybody loves pizza. But what we find is that we are overeating it and getting too many carbs.
One cheese pizza slice about 175 calories and about 30 grams of carbs. Our cauliflower pizza crust has less than 50 calories and only about two grabs of carbs.
Here’s how to make a healthier version of pizza, using cauliflower to create the crust.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like:
- Fresh From the Farmers Market: Eggplant Pizza Bites
- How to Make Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
- Re-invent a fall treat: Pizza filled sweet potato recipe
1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower (should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic minced
A few shakes of crushed red pepper (optional)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Wash and dry cauliflower. Cut off stems and use florets. Pulse the cauliflower florets in your food processor to "rice" the cauliflower. Do this for about 30 seconds until the cauliflower looks like rice. Place riced cauliflower in microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes.
3. Let cauliflower cool for a few moments. Then dump into clean dry kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. This will make sure your pizza crust sets and doesn't turn into a crumbly mess due to too much moisture.
4. Mix all ingredients together (using your hands works best).
5. Spray your cookie sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray. Then mold your cauliflower pizza crust onto it. Think thin crust pizza and it should be about 10 inches in diameter.
6. Bake your pizza crust in the oven for 8-12 minutes.
7. Take out crust and let cool for a few minutes.
8. Place your favorite pizza sauce and toppings on cauliflower crust and bake until cheese melts (about 5-7 minutes). I recommend vegetables and light cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Total Fat 2.4 g
Saturated Fat 1.2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 31.3 mg
Sodium 110.4 mg
Potassium 118.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g