Jicama Salsa Recipe
Grace Derocha, registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator, shares her take on a jicama salsa recipe.
Photo Credit: Forest Starr and Kim Starr via Flickr
If you enjoyed this post, you may also be interested in:
- Southwestern Nectarine Salsa
- Why You Should Give “Ugly” Fruits and Vegetables a Chance
- Think Before You Dip
- 1 jicama, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1 can (14.5 oz) pinto beans, drained
- 4 jalapeno peppers, remove seeds and ribs, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 3 limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir thoroughly.
2. Serve with tortilla chips, bell pepper nachos or alone. Enjoy!