Blueberry and Corn Salsa Recipe
Grace Derocha, registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator, shares her take on a flavorful blueberry and corn salsa recipe.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
If you enjoyed this post you may also be interested in:
- Grilled Michigan Tomatoes with Corn Relish and Mozzarella Recipe
- Spice Up Your Michigan Carrots with Two Recipes You’ll Love
- A Healthier “Jogging” Taco Salad
- 1.5 cups of blueberries
- 1 cup of corn, ideally fresh – frozen or canned and drained will work
- 1/2 cup pineapple, ideally fresh – canned tidbits will work too
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped with seeds and membrane removed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice – the juice of about 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
Blueberry and Corn Salsa
1. Mix all ingredients into large bowl. You can serve immediately with tortilla chips, alone or with bell pepper nachos.
2. Able to keep for up to 5 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Note that salsa will become more watery with time.