Healthier Halloween Treats: Mummy Eggplant Pizzas, Boo-Berries and More
Half of the battle of the holidays is trying to make healthy recipes that are also fun.
From chocolate-dipped “boo-berries,” to eggplant mummy pizzas and “kiwi-steins,” these recipes are a great way to celebrate a healthier Halloween.
Did you give any of these recipes a try? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also want to check out:
- Tricks and Treats for a Healthy Halloween
- 13 (Non-Candy) Halloween Treats Your Kids Will Love
- Healthy Versions of Your Favorite Pumpkin-Flavored Foods
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- Firm kiwis
- Pretzel sticks (for the mouth)
- Mini chocolate chips (for the eyes)
- Candy corn (for the ears)
1. Peel bottom half of kiwi, but leave some brown skin on top to look like hair
2. If Kiwi will not stand, cut bottom of kiwi to make it flat
3. Put two mini chocolate chips in for eyes
4. Place 1/3 of pretzel stick pushed into kiwi as mouth
5. Use 2 candy corns as ears on side of kiwi
6. Keep refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!
- White chocolate meltable chips
- Mini chocolate chips
1. Melt white chocolate
2. Dip strawberries into white chocolate
3. Cut off green stem to form a flat surface for boo-berry to stand and place on wax paper
4. Before the white chocolate dries – place three mini chocolate chips as the ghost eyes and mouth
5. Keep refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!
- Eggplant or English muffins
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced olives
Mummy Eggplant Pizzas
1. Slice eggplant into 1" circles, lightly salt and pepper the eggplant. You can also use English muffins instead of eggplant.
2. Grill eggplant on each side for 3-5 minutes.
3. Spread sauce on eggplant or English muffin – use amount to your liking.
4. Layer shredded cheese strategically on English muffin or eggplant to resemble a mummy face pattern.
5. Place two sliced olives as mummy eyes.
6. Put on cookie sheet and broil until cheese melts.
7. Serve warm and enjoy.
- Latex disposable gloves without powder
- White cheddar cheese popcorn or butter popcorn
- Pumpkin seeds
- Candy corn
- Twist ties
- Folding close sandwich bags
- Cheddar cheese popcorn
- Black sharpie marker
Halloween Popcorn Hands and Pumpkins
1. Fill glove fingers with one candy corn each – to look like finger nails
2. Fill the rest of glove with a combination of white cheddar cheese popcorn and pumpkin seeds
3. Once filled, use twist tie to seal.
4. Draw jack o’lantern face on sandwich bag
5. Fill with cheddar cheese popcorn and use twist tie to seal
6. Perfect, healthy, fun treats for kids. They can even help make them. Enjoy!