Blast from the Past: Old Throwback Games
Do you ever think about what you were doing when you were kid? When there were no smart phones, tablets, or computers? What did you do during the summer when you were kid? You played! Years ago kids didn’t have the opportunity to dabble in technology and download a game within seconds, they had to come up with games.
Thankfully these classic games have yet to be forgotten! Here’s a list of the games you played and can now share with your child.
- This was a great recess game but you can easily make this a great driveway game. Just get some chalk, a ball that is able to bounce and four people and have some fun!
- If you need a refresher on how this game works you can get the official rules here.
- Heads Up 7 Up
- This game is great for when you’re attending a birthday party, spending the day at a summer camp or anywhere where there might be a lot kids.
- Since this game does require quite a bit of people it might be difficult to play but when you do find time here are the rules.
- Kick the Can
- Kick the can is a classic game that puts a spin on tag. Here’s what you need to do for Kick the Can.
- Capture the Flag
- Capture the flag is another great game like tag with a little bit of twist. Kids are able to claim territories, as well try and steal each other’s flags.
- For more information on Capture the flag click here.
- Hopscotch is an absolute classic for some. Although this is a very simple game it’s great for teaching kids balance.
- If you need to learn how to play hopscotch or want to refresh your memory on how to draw it, please click here.
- Red Light Green Light
- Red Light Green Light is a perfect game for anyone. It doesn’t matter if the kids playing are athletic or not, this game does not require any special skill.
- To learn how to play this game please be sure to check it out here.
- Simon Says
- Simon Says is another game that kids at a very young age can get the hang of.
- The rules are simple.
Do you remember any classic games that you used to play when you were a kid? Please let us know in the comments!
If you enjoyed this, please take a look at our other posts:
- A Guide to Summers Poisonous Plants
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Kids Extra Safe This Summer
- Building Children’s Self-Esteem to Last a Lifetime
Photo Credit: Dean McCoy via Flickr