14 Merry Ways to Have Yourself a Northern Michigan Holiday
Whether you live in northern Michigan or plan to head there to enjoy a little more snow this season, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy this fun and festive time of year!
Here’s a look at some of the exciting events coming up for 2015:
- Christmas in the Park, Cadillac, Nov. 27: Join Santa in the park to officially launch the lakefront lights and sing carols.
- Light Up the Season Weekend, Alpena, Nov. 27-29: Whether you want to see a parade, listen to live music, hang out with Santa, or hit some Black Friday sales, Alpena has you covered after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Downtown Petoskey Holiday Parade, Petoskey, Nov. 28: Marching bands, floats, reindeer, and Santa make this parade special. Kids are invited to meet Santa and his reindeer after the parade at the Perry Hotel.
- Winter Snow Fun Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting, Marquette, Dec. 3: Celebrate the magic of the holiday season at the fifth annual Winter Snow Fun Holiday Parade.
- Holiday Parade with Santa, Rogers City, Dec. 4: The parade kicks off at the Presque Isle County Historical Museum and local businesses will be open with activities and snacks for the community.
- Jack Frost Festival Parade, Ironwood, Dec. 4: This 21st annual parade starts at 6 p.m. at the Carnegie Library on Aurora Street, and continues through downtown Ironwood.
- Santa’s Arrival, Tree Lighting, & Holiday Open House, Traverse City, Dec. 4: Santa is coming to Traverse City! Sales, specials and prizes will be offered at a fun night that will include caroling and entertainment in the downtown business district.
- Christmas in the Village, Escanaba, Dec. 4-5: This old-fashioned holiday event features horse-drawn rides, roasted chestnuts, hot chocolates, and of course, a visit from Santa himself.
- Holiday in the Village, Suttons Bay, Dec. 4-6: Take in luminaria-lined streets and enjoy refreshments, hors d’oeuvres, and local wine sampling.
- Hometown Christmas, Ontonagon, Dec. 4-6: Breakfast with the Grinch, a gingerbread house contest, and parade are just a few of the fun activities planned at this annual festival.
- Christmas in Mackinaw, Mackinaw City, Dec. 5: Santa, sleigh and wagon rides, plus cookies and hot chocolate will help you usher the Christmas season in with style.
- Santa Train, Lake Linden, Dec. 5: Visit with Santa and ride a steam engine with his elves.
- Christmas in the Village, Traverse City, Dec. 11-13: Enjoy carriage rides, meet Santa, and take in a Santa Lucia concert on Sunday.
- Light up the Soo, Sault Ste. Marie, Dec. 18 – Jan. 2, 2016: Ride to the top of the Tower of History 210 feet over Sault Ste. Marie to experience the festive lights of the city.
Are you and your family planning on taking in any holiday parades or events? Share your favorites in the comments.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
- This Year, Start Some New, Healthy Holiday Traditions
- 4 Easy Steps to Stay Healthy During Holiday Travel
- 10 Easy Holiday Crafts
Photo credit: Steve Jurvetson