Head for the Finish Line: Michigan Fall Race Roundup
Whether it be apple or pumpkin picking with family, building the courage to visit the haunted houses around Halloween, cheering on the best football teams or exploring Michigan’s countless cider mills, you can never really be bored during fall in Michigan.
On top of all that, Michiganders are proudly adding one more item to their to-do lists this season: signing up to participate in one of the many marathons, 5ks, dashes and walks being held right here in the mitten state this fall.
Here is a round up of just some of the many events you can participate in during this beautiful time of the year:
- Sept. 7 Witch’s Hat Run (South Lyon, MI)
- Sept. 11 9/11 Heroes Run (Saginaw, MI)
- Sept. 14 Light the Night Glow Run (Laurium, MI)
- Sept. 20 Big Foot, Small Print Trail Run (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Sept. 21 Dances With Dirt (Hell, MI)
- Oct. 5 Sleeping Bear Marathon & Half Marathon (Empire, MI)
- Oct. 07 Mackinaw Island 8 Mile Road Race (Mackinaw City, MI)
- Oct. 13 South Haven-Run Michigan Cheap (South Haven, MI)
- Oct. 18 Grand Rapids Marathon (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Oct. 19 Detroit Free Press Marathon (Detroit, MI)
- Oct. 26 Alger Heights Halloween 5k (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Nov. 3 Stony Creek Marathon (Utica, MI)
- Nov. 9 A2 Turkey Trot (Dexter, MI)
- Nov. 10 Saginaw County Veteran Memorial Plaza 5K (Saginaw, MI)
- Nov. 17 Kona Chocolate Run (Plymouth, MI)
- Nov. 23 WMU Turkey Trot (Kalamazoo, MI)
While some are for great causes, others offer spooky themes and kid-friendly fun. Whatever your preference might be, there are plenty of opportunities to lace up those sneakers this fall and head straight for that finish line.
Are you participating in a race we didn’t mention? Comment below and let us know the details.
Photo Credit: Elvert Barnes
If you liked this post, you might want to check out: