Discover Michigan-Made Products Near You
The phrase ‘home is where the heart is’, is familiar to most of us. Michiganders take pride in calling this beautiful and unique state their home.
Many of us have had the chance to see what Michigan has to offer, but have you had the chance to use many Michigan-made products? Visit your local farmers market to find unique, local vendors.
I recently took a trip to the Eastern Market in Detroit and was amazed at the number of Michigan products available to purchase. You can find tons of locally-grown fresh vegetables, fruits and other cool products all made right here in Michigan!
Here are a few that I found interesting:
- I was given a sample of homemade soap that was made from pork lard by Melo Farms. This soap was completely organic and it was available in different scents such as lavender, cinnamon, apple spice, and unscented if you prefer.
- Detroit Bold Coffee Co. gives coffee lovers their kick of caffeine with a taste of Detroit. They offer a number of coffees from French roast, Colombian espresso, and even decaf. There are different locations that you can find throughout the Detroit area.
- Ethel’s Edibles have made it easier for you to enjoy dessert again with gluten-free products. You can also find products free of dairy and peanuts, and even some kosher-certified products.
- Ellis Island Tropical Tea is a tea that is brewed from the Motor City itself. It is an antioxidant-rich hibiscus tea with a citrus and tropical flavor. I particularly like the fact that you have the option to choose if you want sweetened or unsweetened tea.
I take pride in being able say I am from Michigan so this is why I love using Michigan products. What are some of your favorite Michigan-made products? Share in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy:
- Farmers Markets Can Grow Communities Too
- Fresh from the Farmers Market: Green Bean Hummus Recipe
- 50 Reasons Why Michigan is Foodie Paradise
Photo credit: Danielle Walquist Lynch