#MIKidsCan Cook: Tropical Cucumber Breeze
Looking for a tasty treat your kids will love? Try this refreshing summertime snack, courtesy of the first ever #MIKidsCan Cook contest winner, Navia Washington, 12, of Grand Rapids. Washington won a skating party as the first place contestant in the 8-12 year old division of the competition.
Tropical Cucumber Breeze
Cucumber Mixture Ingredients:
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup papaya, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup kiwifruit, diced
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup raw organic honey
- 1 TB purified water (or more based on desired consistency)
- 1 Cubanelle pepper, diced
- Mix all of the diced cucumber mixture ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add salt to taste.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients into a blender and pulse until desired consistency.
Serve the mixture in cucumber cups on a small serving plate if desired (just take the outside of cored cucumbers and cut designs as desired) and garnish with sauce and a persimmon, cut to resemble a small flower.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- #MIKidsCan Cook Healthy Meals
- “Let’s Talk Health” Week Emphasizes Healthy Lifestyles for Grand Rapids Communities
- 13 Creative Snacks Your Kids Will Love