The Key to Keeping Your New Year’s Resolution
Find it tough to keep your New Year’s resolutions? You’re not the only one who struggles: Only eight percent of people manage to stick with their January goals for the entire year. But this year is going to be different for you. Why? Because there’s a new tool to help you stick with your healthy behaviors until they become a habit.
We’re challenging you to get your resolutions off on the right foot by taking part in #HealthyMe 21 Days of Inspiration. It’s pretty simple and here’s what you have to do:
- Sign up for #HealthyMe, our helpful (and free!) tool that lets you log and track as many resolutions and goals as you’d like. You’ll also get personalized health and wellness blog content and the support of the 10,000+ #HealthyMe members from across Michigan who have already signed up.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well as here on AHealthierMichigan.org for daily tips, expert advice and pieces of inspiration to help you push through any road blocks along the way.
- Share your journey with us! Did you sign up for a new gym? Try a new healthy recipe? Make a vision board? When you share your health and wellness journey through your social media accounts, include the hashtag #HealthyMe to be part of the #HealthyMe Michigan movement!
Unsure of what your goals should be? We’ve got your back.
People who make specific resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals. So this year, your first goal should be making a resolution in the first place! To figure out what your goal should be, read over a few of our favorite idea-starters:
- Create a “big picture” of what you want to do with your life over the next five-to-10 years. Identify the larger goals that you want to ace, the break those down into smaller goals you can achieve in a single year.
- Identify three words that describe how you want to feel this year and come up with goals that can get you there.
- Think of broad categories in your life (career, education, finances, physical health, attitude, relationships) and come up with a single goal for each.
You can also follow this handy flow chart to come up with the perfect goal for you:
Now that you’ve got your goals and the tool and support to help you meet them, it’s time to get started! Sign up for #HealthyMe today to log your resolution and set a goal date. Next, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and look out for our daily pieces of inspiration. We’ll be publishing a new blog post every day giving you tips, resources and fresh ideas on how to ace your resolution!
Cheers to a new year and a healthier, happier you!
Photo credit: Bahrain Personal Fitness