10 Easy Holiday Crafts to Help You De-Stress and Celebrate in Style
Feeling the pressure to have a Pinterest-worthy holiday this year?
If you’re about to get your craft on, you can take heart that engaging in simple, do-it-yourself art projects might be beneficial to your health.
Research shows that activities that stimulate your mind, like crafts, can positively impact symptoms of depression, reduce stress, and slow general brain decline as we age. Crafts engage many parts of the brain, which encourages neural connections to take place.
Want to make something pretty to gift or to decorate your home with? We found ten simple crafts anyone can do, so you can work out your brain as you ring in the season in style. These are all kid-friendly, so the whole family can benefit!
- A super-simple Thanksgiving tree kicks off the season and reminds everyone of how much they have to be thankful for.
- This chalkboard deer ornament (pictured) can be re-purposed after the holidays.
- Little ones will get a kick out of making and playing with these jolly elves.
- Who wouldn’t love these cinnamon-stick candles?
- This Hanukkah-inspired wreath could linger much longer than the season.
- Honor your ancestry with this Kwanzaa banner.
- Make your own festive cards to exchange and start a new tradition.
- These snowy yarn trees would make a lovely table centerpiece.
- Candy cane mice are perfect for kids to give as gifts.
- Finish up your crafting by prettily wrapping it all up.
Check out more great ideas for celebrating the holidays on our Pinterest page. What are your favorite holiday crafts? Share your ideas with us in the comments below!
Photo credit: Abbey Hendrickson