Picture It: Salads That (Almost) Look Too Good to Eat
Invest in some Mason jars.
Prepping and preparing healthy and delicious salads for weekday lunches will keep your healthy eating goals in check. Putting them front and center in your fridge in cute and trendy Mason jars might just help you remember to actually take them on your way out the door.
First, some basics on filling your jar. Put the dressing in first on the bottom. Next, layer heartier vegetables such as tomatoes or cucumbers. Your third layer is made of beans and less hearty vegetables. Pasta or grains, if a recipes calls for it, goes next, followed by protein and cheese, and finally, your greens and any nuts or seeds. The goal is to avoid a soggy salad by placing ingredients most likely to be compromised by the dressing closer to the top. When you’re ready to eat, just shake up your salad and pour everything out into your bowl.
Eat your lunch in style! Here are some yummy and healthy recipes to get you started.
- Load up on protein and healthy fats with this Mediterranean Bean Salad.
- Filling quinoa and black beans get a deliciously fresh hit of flavor from mango, red onions, and cilantro in this Mango Avocado Black Bean Salad.
- Sweet and tangy flavors pair oh-so-nicely in this Chicken & Spinach Salad, which combines mustard-thyme vinaigrette with grapes, walnuts, and Asiago cheese.
- Nothing beats cucumbers for a cool summer salad. If your garden is overflowing, try this Cucumber Avocado Salad as a main dish or a side.
- Want just a hint of sweet? Dried cranberries and wheat berries are a satisfying combo in this Wheat Berry Apple Salad.
Have you found any delectable-looking lunches lately? Share them right here!
Photo credit: abeachcottage.com