Too hot to work out? Try these 6 new exercise DVDs instead
If you’re used to working out outside, sometimes the summer heat can just be too much to handle. Not only does it feel extra tough to go for that run in high temperatures, there are also safety concerns when the temperature gets too high.
But that doesn’t mean you have to spring for a gym membership or forgo your workout completely. With new workout DVDs coming out all the time, you can stay in shape while keeping cool inside your home.
Below are some videos to incorporate into your summer routine:
- Jillian Michaels Yoga Inferno ($9.99) turns yoga into even more of a calorie-burning workout. You get two 30-minute workouts, and they can be made easier or more difficult depending on your fitness level.
- The Piloxing System ($79.99) is a bit pricier, but you get five DVDs and weighted workout gloves that are used during the routines. What is “piloxing?” It’s a combination of Pilates, boxing and dance to get your heart pumping.
- Tracey Mallett Bikini Body is a series of two DVDs ($14.99 each) that focus on either your rear or your abs. Each video has two workouts: a cardio one and a sculpting one.
- Kathy Smith Ultimate Sculpt ($12.99) is good for someone who wants to target every body part in one workout. By the end you’ll have strengthened your legs, butt, arms, shoulders and core.
- Leslie Sansone’s Mix & Match Walk Blasters ($14.98) is perfect for people who don’t have a lot of time to exercise and love walking. It features 10 different walks for you to pick from depending on how much time you have.
- Pure Barre Studio Series Package ($59.95) comes with everything you need to try the popular workout at home. You get two DVDs, a towel and the sticky socks that most exercisers use during the workout.
Get bored easily and want more variety? You can also stream workouts online or onto your TV!
This blog post is part of #HealthyMe, a personalized web experience based on your health and wellness goals. To sign up today, visit http://www.
Photo credit: Calibe Thompson