Top 5 must-sees at this year’s LaughFest
In its fourth year, LaughFest promises even more belly laughs at the 10-day festival, spanning March 6th to March 16th. As laughter provides positive benefits to your health, LaughFest aims to highlight those benefits and bring the community together in support of Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids. Tickets are available in packages and individual shows, but sell out fast as March 6th quickly approaches!
In no particular order, we recommend including the below events in your LaughFest attendance schedule for maximum giggle potential. A mixture of laughter, health, charity and community, each of our top must-sees has a little something for everyone.
1. Blue Care Network Blood Drive for Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids: Again this year, Blue Care Network and Michigan Blood team up to host multiple day blood drives in the West Michigan community. Blue Care Network plans to match up to $3,000 for any person that attempts to donate blood during the drive. Each donor will also be entered to win LaughFest tickets, as well as receive a LaughFest/Michigan Blood/BCN t-shirt.
-Monday March 3, 8am to 7pm at Michigan Blood (1036 Fuller NE in Grand Rapids)
-Tuesday March 4, 730am to 1130am at Blue Care Network (Cascade Office)
-Wednesday March 5, 12pm to 7pm at Gilda’s Lowell (314 South Hudson Street)
-Monday March 10, 12pm to 7pm at Michigan Blood Area Donor Center (King Memorial Youth Center at the Fair Grounds, 225 South Hudson)
2. FUNderwear Run: The first LaughFest 5K, the FUNderwear Run will become an annual event during the festival. Sure to create a lot of laughter, the 5K encourages participants to go at their own pace while wearing their funniest underwear over their running gear. Participants can also fundraise individually to contribute to Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids. Register here!
3. Seriously Funny Family Adventure Challenge: The adventure challenge on March 16th is free to the public. Teams participate in racing around Grand Rapids to complete different challenges and puzzles. To register your family or team, check out the waiver here for more information!
4. Clean Comedy Showcase: Sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, the Clean Comedy Showcase spans two days of LaughFest and features four clean comedians each day. At the end of each set, the audience votes for the best comedian. The winner receives the 2014 Gilda’s LaughFest Audience Favorite Clean Comedy Award. For tickets and bios on each featured comedian, visit here.
5. Jay Leno’s Signature Event: This year’s Signature Event features comedian, Jay Leno. The event is the key fundraising event for LaughFest and includes a cocktail hour, plated dinner, entertainment and Jay Leno’s performance. Tickets, and full tables, are still available for purchase.
What do you look forward to the most at LaughFest?
Photo Credit: LaughFest