Win by Losing: Kale chips recipe (with video)
The trending snack, kale chips, not only is delicious but is packed with nutrients and low in calories. One cup of these chips only cost you about 150 calories – whereas your cup of classic potato chips could add up to more than 1,200 calories!
So, ditch that bag of chips! Created by Registered Dietican, Grace Derocha, this kale chip recipe offers great flavor and includes all the healthy benefits of kale.
Photo Credit: di.wineanddine and Grace Derocha, A Healthier Michigan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Expert tip: Lacinato kale is best for chips because of its size. But, no matter what kind you use, break off the stems before cooking.
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2. While that is preheating, wash your kale throughly.
3. Cut out the stem of the kale.
4. Before you bake kale chips, make sure the kale is completely dry.
5. If possible after cutting into chip sized pieces, place them in a salad spinner.
6. Lay kale out on paper towel to make sure it's dry.
7. Lay kale on a cookie sheet.
8. Spray kale with olive oil.
9. Add salt and pepper for taste.
10. Bake kale in oven from 15-20 minutes at 300 degrees.
11. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!