Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Crunchy, salty, sweet or spicy, these fries are easy to prepare and much lower in fat than the fast-food favorite. Sweet potatoes are a great source of protein, which means you can eat these fries in abundance without feeling too guilty later.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise, and place it flat side down on a cutting board. Cut the potato halves into 1-inch-wide wedges.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt, brush the potatoes with the oil mixture and lay them flesh side down on the pan to put in the oven.
- Cook until potatoes are soft, 20 to 25 minutes, turning them on the pan once.
- Remove the pan and season with remaining ½ teaspoon of salt.
Photo credit: Michael Litchfield