Weekend Hot Links: Delicious Michigan Food and Drinks Edition
When did Michigan become such a foodie paradise? Did the bar in the state suddenly get raised? Or is it because we’ve long been home to scrumptious things to eat and drink and those things are suddenly considered so hip and so central to quality of life?
Week of May 13-19: GQ spreads the love for fishing in Detroit; Petoskey’s American Spoon turns 30; slow-food confections in Amish country; horseback in the hood; and old meets new in Michigan beer brewing. Sink your teeth into these succulent links!
- Bell’s Brewery obtains 100-year-old wooden barrels from Stroh’s, part of intriguing nod to Michigan beer history (MLive)
- American Spoon has been doing local food for 30 years and is better than ever (Second Wave)
- Urban Farm Plan Reels in Cash, Tilapia (Bridge)
- Slow Down, Have a Molasses Cookie in Coldwater’s Amish Country (Great Lakes Gazette)
- Fishing for compliments? Look no further than the corner magazine rack, Detroiters (Detroit Hub)
An urban equestrian in the D:
And the state’s oldest lighthouse reopens:
Photo by Sean Maurik