Try This Flavorful, Low-Calorie Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms Recipe
Happy New Year! I am always looking for healthy and delicious recipes to make and share. Mushrooms haven’t been a favorite of mine over the years but this recipe caught my eye. I love Asiago cheese, and there is a light and flavorful dressing. My favorite part about this recipe: They are only 35 calories each!
Here is the award-winning recipe. Enjoy!
- 24 baby Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- ½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¾ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- ½ cup loosely packed basil leaves, stems removed
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place mushrooms on a greased 15-by-10-by-1-inch baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Drain liquid from mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, place the mayonnaise, Asiago cheese, basil and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Fill mushrooms with a heaping teaspoonful of the mayonnaise mixture; top with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed mushroom equals 35 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. (Calculated without Parmesan cheese.)
Let me know how you like them!
Photo credit: vegan traveller