Beat the Fall Weather With These Toasty, Healthy Chili Recipes
Fall can be a very beautiful season, but it can also be a cold one. What better way to keep warm than a big bowl of hearty chili? We thought it fitting to provide you with some great chili recipes of your own.
Here are some great chili recipes to try, and all under 300 calories!
- Love chocolate? Want to try adding it to your chili? Then this Chili with Chipotle and Chocolate recipe is for you!
- Don’t quite have the time to make good ole’ fashioned chili but craving it anyways? This quick Hominy Chili with Beans recipe solves that problem!
- Ever wonder what chili would taste like with cinnamon? Well this Cincinnati Chili will answer that question!
If none of those sound good to you then there are even more wonderful, healthy chili recipes to try.
And don’t forget our own Jodi Davis’ recipe for chicken white chili:
Chicken White Chili
Melt 4 tablespoons low-calorie (Promise) buttery spread in large pot and simmer the following:
- 1 small onion – diced
- 6 fresh garlic cloves – sliced
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) fresh mushrooms – cut in quarters
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Once items are soft, add three diced uncooked chicken breasts. Cook on medium heat for approximately 11 to 12 minutes.
- 2 small cans (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 4 small cans white northern beans, drained
- 2 small cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 capful white vinegar
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- ½ cup mild banana peppers, sliced (fresh or from the jar)
Cook on low heat, covered, for approximately one hour and enjoy!
What are your favorite ways to make chili?
Photo credit: bagaball