#WellnessWeds: 5 Effective Sculpting Exercises For Both Men and Women
You may think that not all exercises are created equal — not for men and women, that is. To some degree, that’s true: There are exercises out there that are targeted specifically for one sex over the other. This can be frustrating, especially if you like working out with the opposite sex. But there are exceptions.
Mars and Venus Collide
Here are five of my favorite exercises that are effective for both men and women:
- Plank: Works abdominal muscles. This is by far the most effective stomach-toning and strengthening exercise I have done. There are different variations depending on your fitness level.
- Push-ups: Works the back, shoulders, triceps, biceps and chest. Again, one of my favorite and easy-to-do exercises that is highly effective, if done consistently.
- Squat/calf raises: This exercise works the major muscles in the lower body. These can be done with or without dumbbells. If you use dumbbells, choose an appropriate weight for your fitness level.
- Plyometrics: These exercises increase speed, agility and coordination. Runners benefit from these exercises specifically but anyone can do them.
- Interval Training: Geared to increase metabolism and tone muscles. These types of exercises are all about mixing high intensity bursts of exercise with moderate intensity recovery periods. If you are at a weight loss plateau, incorporating these with a regular cardio routine is a great way to supercharge your metabolism.
Now that you have some exercises that are effective for both men and women, grab your significant other or opposite-sex workout partner. Challenge yourselves, be competitive and most of all have fun while you spend time together burning some calories!
Do you have a favorite exercise or workout you do with your partner?
Photo credit: udge