8 Good Reasons Why You Should Choose Organic
The buzz is out there to choose organic foods. But why?
I love my Door to Door Organics service, where I receive organic fruits and vegetables delivered to my home. I don’t always have organic foods, but I try my best to incorporate them as much as possible.
People say to me: “I want more organic foods, but they are expensive.” This may be true – but in my opinion – in the long run, the benefits outweigh some of the higher prices.
Say Yes to Organic
Truth be told: it is healthier and safer for you and your families to eat organic. It also greatly benefits the farmers that cultivate organic fruits and vegetables. Organic farmers are environmental stewards of the land. They use natural and sustainable methods to bring to you the best tasting, safest, and most nutrient-rich foods available.
- Include no poisonous chemicals that contaminate the air, water, soil and our bodies (like GMO’s, poisonous pesticides, synthetic fertilizer, antibiotics and hormones).
- Reduce, if not eliminate, farm-based pollution
- Protect future generations: poisons passed from mother to child
- Taste better with truer flavor (studies show)
- Promote biodiversity / farm reforestation
- Assist with cultural and environmental conservation
- Build healthy soil with microbiotic vibrancy. Feed the soil, not the plant.
- Safeguard animal welfare and protect wildlife
If you are looking for more organic foods in your area, check out the Eat Well Guide for locations near you. Do a taste test. I feel like my organic vegetables have a crisper flavor, but they do go bad a little bit more quickly than conventional produce.
What do you like about organic food? What do you dislike? Weigh in. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Photo credit: oceandesetoiles