Hot Weekend Breakfast Links: RoboCop Detroit Edition
Editor’s note: This is the first in a weekly series to serve up fresh stories and other tasty content from the Great Lakes State and beyond.
Inaugural edition: The first budget proposal from Gov. Rick Snyder heralds big changes for the mitten; entrepreneurial activity soars in Kalamazoo; obscure, small-run wines await visitors to Michigan’s tasting rooms; former first lady Betty Ford’s CB radio handle; a columnist questions that Chrysler-Eminem Super Bowl ad everybody loved; and that silly RoboCop statue saga might actually spawn some good after all. It’s your Hot Breakfast Links!
- Gov. Snyder’s budget would cut school, city spending, business taxes reduced $1.8 billion (Freep)
- On Location: Michigan to Hollywood — ‘Get Off My Lawn’ (LA Times)
- Seeking the ‘next great idea’ in Michigan (Business Review West Michigan)
- America’s Top 10 Healthiest Fast Food Restaurants (Health.com)
- Why Aren’t G.M.O. Foods Labeled? (NYT)
- Specialties pour from Michigan’s tasting rooms (Detroit News)
- Law change, craft beers pave way for microdistilling’s spirited growth (Crain’s)
- Betty Ford, the Nation’s ‘First Mama’ (Midwest Guest)
- Facebook Pages Just Got Easier for Brands (Dose of Digital)
- DNRE officials study bear movement as growing number migrate into southern Michigan (Grand Rapids Press)
- Chrysler Super Bowl ad featuring Eminem did not send right message for Michigan (MLive)
- RoboCop spawns other Detroit projects (Detroit Moxie)
RoboCop promo via Michael Heilemann.