Healthy Turkey Stew Recipe
This stew is tasty, hearty, easy to make and a perfect fall or winter warmer-upper!
It’s full of great veggies and can be modified to fit your family’s tastes or to clean out your vegetable drawer.
Need more great soup and stew recipes? Check these out:
- Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- African Chicken Peanut Stew
- Why You Should Try #TheStew Recipe That’s Gone Viral
Photo credit: Thomas Demarczyk
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 28-oz. cans stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 10.5-oz. can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 medium size green or red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 cup pearl barley
- ¾ cup dried lentils
- ¾ cup dried green split peas
1. Brown the ground turkey (if using) with the diced onion.
2. Add the canned tomatoes and combine.
3. Continue adding the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the brown rice, pearl barley, lentils and split peas are tender. Enjoy!