Love Super Bowl Parties but Not the Extra Calories? Here Are 4 Healthier Game-Day Recipes
I love watching the Super Bowl and enjoy all the festivities that go along with it. The day usually consists of family, friends and food — and generally lots of it. I love to try the different dishes people prepare, but I don’t enjoy all the extra calories that come with most of them.
Here are some recipes from EatingWell that you can make that will be lower in calories than your average Super Bowl fare. Now you can enjoy the day and know that there are healthier options to choose from.
**Note the serving size for each recipe. These still have a fair amount of calories, but not as many as their high-calorie counterparts.
- Shrimp with cocktail sauce (3 ounces of shrimp = 84 calories; ¼ cup cocktail sauce = 60 calories)
- Original baked potato chips (11 chips = 110 calories)
- Low calorie/low fat chip dip (no-fat sour cream: 2 TBSP = 29 calories; mixed with a dry ranch packet: 80 calories in the whole packet)
- Veggie tray with low or now fat dip (the sour cream and ranch packet taste nice with the veggies too)
- Turkey pepperoni (73 calories for 17 slices) with low fat cheese (1 string cheese = 50-60 calories)
- White Chicken Chili
I hope this gives you a good start on some healthier options for your Super Bowl party. If you have any recipes that are a hit, please share them with us!
Photo credit: fritish