November #MIKidsCan Champion of the Month Hailey Reighard
For the third year in a row, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Detroit Lions invited Michigan families to enter the #MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes. This year’s lucky winner was 10-year-old Hailey Reighard of Lake Orion. In addition to winning the sweepstakes, Hailey is being featured as our December #MIKidsCan Champion of the Month for her dedication to healthy habits.
As a devoted dancer, Hailey practices for an average of four hours a day, five days a week. When she isn’t dancing, Hailey enjoys swimming, playing basketball, tossing around the football in her backyard or walking her dogs.
Hailey was chosen randomly from more than 1,200 entries to this year’s #MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes. Being a die-hard Detroit Lions fans, Hailey and her family looked forward to the prize package that included:
- A ride on Blue Cross’ new parade float, “A Confident Life,” which demonstrates its commitment to a healthier Michigan, in America’s Thanksgiving Parade® presented by Art Van down Woodward Avenue
- Special seating for eight along the parade route
- A custom Detroit Lions jersey
- Delivering the commemorative game ball to Ford Field before the Lions take on the Minnesota Vikings
- On-field participation in the national anthem and fan tunnel experience before the Lions’ game against Minnesota
- Ten club-level seats to watch the Lions take on the Minnesota Vikings
- A catered, Thanksgiving dinner
“My favorite part of the whole experience was definitely getting my jersey signed by my favorite player, Matthew Stafford,” Hailey shared.
Do you know a child who deserves to be recognized for their commitment to living a healthy, active lifestyle? Nominate them at AHealthierMichigan.org/MIKidsCan.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan (feature) Christina Reighard (inset)
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: