Cucumber and Strawberry Salad with Short’s Soft Parade Vinaigrette
Crisp cucumbers, sweet strawberries and tangy feta are the perfect base for Short’s Brewing Company’s Soft Parade Vinaigrette.
Developed by Beer Liberation Specialist Jon Wojtowicz, the vinaigrette recipe was included in The American Craft Beer Cookbook by Jon Holl.
Thanks to Short’s Brewing Company for letting us feature it with this summery salad!
Read more about the brewery and how they encourage their employees to stay healthy here.
Ingredients for One Salad
- 1 cup cucumbers, peeled or partially peeled and de-seeded, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1-2 tbsp shallots, finely chopped – almost minced
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1-2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
Ingredients for Short’s Soft Parade Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 tbsp Short’s Soft Parade
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp all-purpose cherry juice concentrate
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Cucumber and Strawberry Salad with Short's Soft Parade Vinaigrette
Combine the sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, and white pepper in a mixing bowl.
Whisk in the ale, cider vinegar, white vinegar, and cherry juice concentrate until blended.
Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify the vinaigrette.
Toss two tablespoons of vinaigrette with cucumbers and shallots.
Finish salad with strawberries, sunflower seeds and feta. Enjoy!