Asian Seared Ahi Tuna Recipe
Photo credit: Larry Hoffman (feature) – recipe below not pictured. A Healthier Michigan (thumbnail) recipe pictured.
- 2 big handfuls of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (keep seeds for more heat)
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 limes juiced
- Zest of 2 limes
- 4 tbsp. of light soy sauce
- A pinch of sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 (4-6 oz.) sushi-grade ahi tuna steaks
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
Asian Seared Ahi Tuna
1. Combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a bowl. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.
2. Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
3. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna steaks in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust.
4. Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.
5. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate. Will make two dishes. Enjoy!
Inspired by Foodie Crush