Ten Songs to Pump Up Your Workout Playlist
Whether you’re lifting at the gym or hitting the trail for a run, music can be an essential part of any workout. Studies have shown music can help to reduce stress, boost mood and positively impact the cardiovascular system.
In fact, a recent study found listening to certain Eminem songs resulted in a 10 percent increase in athletic performance.
To help inspire confidence and determination for your next workout, here’s a look at some of the Healthier Michigan Team’s favorite workout songs.
- Good Vibrations, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch (1991)
- Beat It, Michael Jackson (1982)
- Dancing with Myself, Billy Idol (1982)
- Fergalicious, Fergie (2006)
- Uptown Funk, Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars (2015)
- Stronger, Kanye West (2007)
- Rock Your Body, Justin Timberlake (2002)
- Boom Boom Pow, Black Eyed Peas (2009)
- Superman, Goldfinger (1997)
- Lose Yourself, Eminem (2002)
What song or artist gets you pumped up for a workout? Share your favorites with us in the comments below.
If you liked this blog, sign up for #HealthyMe: A Personalized Web Experience Based on Your Health and Wellness Goals.
You also might want to check out:
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan