Need a little push to keep up a running routine? All you need is a goal worth running toward! Instead of thinking I want to lose 10 pounds, re-train your brain to say I’m going to finish this race to keep you out on the road.
In case you don’t have a race coming up this month, we’ve compiled a list of options for you to choose from – everything from 5K’s to marathons – spread across the state!
- September 7: Mud Creek Crawl – Midland
- September 14: Happy Tails Dog Run – Hastings
- September 14: 9/11 Heroes 5K Run – Saginaw
- September 28: Chippewa Chase 5K Run/Walk – Midland
- September 7: 9/11 Memorial 5K Run-Walk – Brighton
- September 14: Run or Dye – Detroit
- September 14: Neon Vibe – Detroit
- September 15: Run Wild Detroit
- September 22: Detroit Women’s Half Marathon and 5K
- September 28: Patriot Day 5K – Detroit
- September 7: Mackinac Island Eight Mile Run & Walk
- September 14: 6th Annual Great Lakes Race – Marquette
- September 21: XTERRA Lake Superior Shore Trail Run – Marquette
- September 14: Grand Rapids Aids Walk & Run
- September 15: LMCU Bridge Run – Grand Rapids
- September 21: Iron Warrior Dash – Grand Rapids
- September 28: Little Traverse Half Marathon – Harbor Springs
- September 28: 4th Annual West Side 5K – Traverse City
We want you to keep moving this fall, and to help we’ve transformed our Google+ page into all things running. Stay motivated, share little victories and learn how to be a better runner up until your next race!
Photo credit: afagen