In Michigan, a change of seasons brings with it a change of outdoor attractions. It will soon be time to trade in weekends at the beach for weekends at the local cider mill. With so much to see, do and eat, cider mills and apple orchards are great places to take your family to enjoy Michigan’s autumn season. Here’s a breakdown of local orchards and mills:
- Husted’s Farm Market & Cider Mill: Apple picking starts around September 1st. Come out to pick your own fresh gourds, pumpkins and cornstalks to decorate your house for fall! Enjoy a hayride, fresh cider and more!
Location: 9191 West Main Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
- Robinette’s Apple Haus & Winery: This local spot has unique attractions for both adults and children. Adults can enjoy a tasting of home-made wines at the Wine Haus. Purchase wine and other tasty homemade goods in the gift shop. A corn maze, hayrides and farm market will provide fun for the whole family.
Location: 3142 4 Mile Rd NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Jollay Orchards: Fall season opens September 1st. Stop by the farm market and bakery for some fresh goods. Enjoy a haunted house, corn maze animal farm and more!
Location: 1850 Friday Road, Coloma, MI 49038
- Gallagher’s Farm Market & Bakery: Pick up some baked goods in the gift shop and pick out a fresh pumpkin in the pumpkin patch! Featuring a barnyard, corn maze and other attractions.
Location: 7237 E. Traverse Hwy (M072 West) Traverse City, MI 49864
- Rennie Orchards: Your whole family will enjoy picking their own apples and more! Enjoy a wagon ride, log cabin and corn maze.
Location: 1221 Munro Rd, Williamsburg, MI 49690
- Knaebe’s Mmmunchy Krunchy Apple Farm & Cider Mill: Opens for the season on August 27th. Have fun in the animal farm and kid yard. Enjoy fresh cider, donuts, pies and more treats in the gift shop!
Location: 2622 Karsten Rd, Rogers City, MI 49779
- The Country Mill: The perfect fall spot, featuring an apple orchard, cider mill, orchard train, haunted attractions and more!
Location: 4648 Otto Rd, Charlotte, MI 48813-9723
- Leaman’s Green Applebarn: Featuring a gift shop & bakery, maze, hayride and other attractions! Pick out a pumpkin to decorate your home for fall, and enjoy some fresh apple cider!
Location: 7475 N. River Rd, Freeland, MI 48623
- Uncle John’s Cider Mill: There are so many unique things to see and do at this family friendly location. Jumping around on the “inflatable pillow,” mining your own gemstones and making your own stuffed animal are among the many activities offered! The whole family can pick out their own pumpkin and enjoy a hayride. Stop by the gift shop and winery, and enjoy a homemade lunch!
Location: 8614 North US 127, St John’s, MI 48879
- Apple Valley Orchard: Have fun with your family at the picnic area or around the bonfire. Children can enjoy a ride on the Apple Worm train, and the whole family will love the fresh cider, apples and donuts!
Location: 6480 Davis Road, Saginaw, MI 48604
- Apple Blossom Orchard: Enjoy a wide variety of homemade tasty treats, including caramel corn, cider slush and caramel apples! Have fun at Fall Fest/Apple Butter Day, and pick out your own pumpkins and gourds to decorate your home for fall!
Location: 2581 Wilder Rd, Midland, MI 48462
Click here for our list of cider mills & apple orchards in Southeast Michigan!
Photo credit: Scott Schrantz