You can still workout when you travel
Traveling and exercise are two words that don’t usually go together. Don’t worry there is a way to squeeze it in. Remember even when you are on the road, it shouldn’t be a vacation from a healthy lifestyle. Here are some ideas to keep you focused no matter where you are.
- Enjoy the great outdoors – the easiest and cheapest way to be and stay active is walking. All you need is a good pair of tennis shoes. It is also a way to enjoy nature. You can even do push-ups outdoors too.
- Burpees – This exercise was made for small spaces and uses all main muscle groups. Click here to learn how to do this exercise properly.
- Turkish Get-ups – This is also a hotel-room friendly exercise. I know you are thinking “what are these called?” But trust me this functional exercise will help keep your core strong, so squeeze those abs.
- Tabata workouts – This is a quick way to mix up a workout without equipment. Many of these exercises including using your own body weight for resistance.
- Hotel workout – Here are some ideas for a 30 minute hotel workout, which includes a video demonstration too.
And if you don’t like any of these ideas, everyone loves cards, so you will have to try this one by Jenna Wolfe, a certified personal trainer and correspondent for the Today Show.
What do you do to stay active when you travel?
Photo Credit: YoLoPey