Weekend Hot Links: Super Bowl Mania!!! Guide
Blame her advancing age, motherhood, or what have you, but Madonna is suddenly opening up about her long-repressed love for Michigan — or at least for Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan (where she was briefly enrolled in the late 1970s). The Super Bowl XLVI halftime act and Bay City native spoke with the NFL Network about being a Rochester Adams High cheerleader and Michigan Wolverines fan. Watch the video here.
Week of Jan. 29-Feb. 4: Suggestions for how to burn calories during the action; Stilton, imperial stout and other great beer and cheese pairings; a low-fat chili recipe using Bell’s beer; Lansing’s economic might; and giving up the love for our darkest season.
- The Super Bowl Workout (Lisa Johnson Fitness)
- Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili with Bell’s Kalamazoo Stout (Veg Bon Vivant)
- In Matchup of Beer and Cheese, Everbody Wins — With A Good Coach (NPR)
- Is U-M Ready For Madonna’s Daughter Lourdes? (CBS Detroit)
- Lansing region leads nation in manufacturing growth (LSJ)
- Don’t Apologize for Winter – Celebrate It! (Economics of Place)
- Weather Or Not, Winter Fests Ahead (Great Lakes Gazette)
Photo credit: Madonna.com