The final Links post of 2011 reflects Michigan’s honest reality: We’ve got some big problems facing us, but in some ways, we’re better off than we were just a couple years earlier. We’ve got all the potential in the world, but it’s up to no one but ourselves to save us. Think about that and have a happy new year!
Week of Dec. 25-31: The Food Network rides the Detroit bandwagon and other trends in eats; what bicycling portends for Motown; a clever video puts health and exercise in a new perspective; positive business trends for the Mitten; and why Rust Belt cities should embrace decay. Drink responsibly, New Year’s party people!
- The best Michigan business stories of 2011 (Freep)
- Detroit, Michigan: The Non-Motorized City? (Global Site Plans)
- 7 unexpected health benefits of 2011 (The Week)
- FOOD! DETROIT! THE BEST YEAR EVER! [2011 edition] (Eat It Detroit)
- Planned renovations will make Detroit gems sparkle (News)
- Things are Broke. Can Ruin Porn Help? (Rust Wire)
Photo by c r i s