Week of Nov 6-12: A film festival by the banks of the Red Cedar; a Google Street View of polar bears; a museum expansion a Finn would be proud of; government-run health care in the U.S.; and a tribute to the Edmund Fitzgerald and a lesser-known Great Lakes shipwreck.
- Google goes to the Detroit Zoo (Freep)
- Could Detroit Become the Silicon Valley of Social Entrepreneurship? (Xconomy)
- Is a national health service really such a bad idea? The VA example (CHRT)
- Editor’s Pick: East Lansing Film Festival (CapitalGains)
- More Thoughts on the Cranbrook Art Museum Expansion (Curbed Detroit)
- Mariners Lost: Edmund Fitzgerald and the Key Stone State (Great Lakes Gazette)
Photo by corydalus