Week of Oct. 30-Nov. 5: A screening of home movies from yesteryear Detroit; pressures for precious minerals in the U.P.; overlooking Michigan’s culinary assets; recycling bicycles; and endangered cranes visit Jackson.
- What does ‘Top Chef’ have against Michigan? (MLive)
- Detroit: If You Build It, Will They Come? (Detroit Lives!)
- Mining boom roils Upper Peninsula (Bridge)
- An injection of the past into the present to inform the future (The Night Train)
- Rare whooping crane spotted in Jackson County; one of less than 500 in the wild (Jackson Citizen Patriot)
- Not just for riding: Marquette native makes functional furniture from old bikes (Second Wave)
Photo by szatmar666